Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cleveland's good nature

Last week I had a meeting in Chagrin Falls and was amazed at all that I have forgotten about NEO. We take for granted and rarely give the credit to all the wonders of our area. I can drive 5 miles down the street and be at the lake. When was the last time you went to the lake to watch the sunset or rise? It is beautiful. The lake might not be the best swimming water, but there are other things you can do. At Mentor Headlands you can grill, there's a playground for kids or you can relax and read a book and not be tempted to do a load of laundry.

If you would prefer not to be by the water, the Metropark System is unbelievable. I was in awe of the beauty driving to Chagrin last week. I remembered as a little girl my grammie taking me to feed the ducks at Strawberry pond. Next time the kids ask if we can do something I won't say I don't have the time or the money, I'll take the opportunity to create a memory and enjoy NEO.

The great thing about the Lake and the Metroparks is that it's not an Eastside or Westside thing, you can enjoy either from both sides of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment